On Jules' day off, she ends up being held hostage in an Arabian restaurant by a schizophrenic gunman, who is convinced that the owner, named Riyaz, is the leader of a terrorist cell. Ed and Wordy track Riyaz down at his home. There, they learn that Riyaz had convinced other members of his mosque to donate to a charity that was later discovered to be a front for terrorism money laundering. The terrorist left all of them in the dirt and subject to hate messages after the investigation by ATU went public. However, the federal investigation concluded that the owner was not connected to any terrorists. Meanwhile, Ed calls the suspect's father, learning that he has a schizophrenic disorder but strangely never talked about terrorists before.
Sam stealthily enters the restaurant through the rear and explains to the suspect that they can't go on living in fear. Just as the other hostages try ganging up on him, Jules disarms him. But as Team One later discovers, the man has been in fact manipulated by his caseworker, Clive, who lost his wife in the London bombings, into creating a nerve gas that he intends to release at Riyaz's mosque, which he believes to be the terrorists' base of operations. Arriving at the mosque with a hazmat team, Team One stealthily enters the building in an attempt to stop Clive. Though the nerve gas is released, they are able to get all civilians, including Riyaz's family, to the hazmat team, while Clive dies from exposure to his own weapon. Towards the end, Jules visits Steve at the hospital. He remembers she forgot to finish her ice cream. They discuss their future and mutually break up.
Song towards the end (at the hospital): Goodbye by Amy Jo Johnson.
- Hugh Dillon as Ed Lane
- Amy Jo Johnson as Julianna 'Jules' Callaghan
- David Paetkau as Sam Braddock
- Sergio Di Zio as Mike 'Spike' Scarlatti
- Michael Cram as Kevin 'Wordy' Wordsworth
- Enrico Colantoni as Gregory 'Greg' Parker
Guest Starring Edit
- Aaron Poole as Davis/Gunman
- Patrick Sabongui as Riyaz Fayad
- John Gillespie as Clive Irwin
- Chuck Shamata as Robert Logasto
- Rahnuma Panthaky as Cashmira Fayad
- Steve Boyle as Steve
- Tattiawna Jones as Winnie Camden
- Lara Amersey as Angela
- Elva Mai Hoover as Carol
- Tamara Bernier-Evans as Zelovitsky
- Shannon Doyle as Patron #1